Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
A little gem I spotted in Cooking Light. Corrected typo 10-03-04. Thanks Sugarpea!
- 1 (6 ounce) boneless pork chops, thinly sliced (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces uncoooked rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (or cayenne if you desire)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and use either cooking spray or a small amount of oil; add the onions and pork and saute 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring often; remove pork from pan and set aside.
- Soak rice noodles in warm water for 5 minutes then drain.
- Heat pan over medium high heat; add noodles to pan and saute 2 minutes; stir in soy sauce, and cook 2 minutes more, tossing to coat.
- Add cabbage and paprika (or cayenne) and cook 1 minute; then place pork back in pan and cook for 4 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with egg slices and chopped green onion before serving.
I really enjoy making this recipe. I would recommend cutting the rice noodles as they are hard to stir and mix other ingredients into. I also add much more vegetables than what it calls for. Very filling.
I made this as a side dish. It was easy to make, however, I just didn't care for the meat with the noodles. The flavor just rocked. I also ommitted the egg, because I just plain forgot to boil one and didn't want to wait for it. It went perfectly with Filipino Chicken Adobo, Filipino Chicken Adobo (Adobong Manok). A little advice, though, the recipe indicated it serves 2, so I doubled it as I had 4 (to include 2 hungry men). It made an enourmous amount. I could have made a single recipe and it would have been plenty for the four of us. I do recommend this recipe. When I make it again, I think I will make a vegetable only version. Thanks, Sue L. for posting. Sue
Lovely dinner! Great recipe! I added some onions too, and loved the meal. Quick and delish!