Make this for a quick morning sweet--good for brunch.
Make and share this Easy Fig Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 fig-filled cookies, crumbled (like fig newtons)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, cinnamon, and crumbled fig cookies; mix well and set aside.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until frothy. Add sugar and melted butter; beat well.
- in another bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to the egg mixture mixing alternately with the milk; mix well. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into a greased 8-inch square pan. Top with half of the fig mixture. Pour remaining batter over fig layer. Sprinkle the remaining fig layer on top of batter in a lattice fashion.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until cakes test done.