Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rice cooker recipe from Wolfgang Puck.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups long grain rice
- chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Measure rice in the measuring cup that came with cooker. This measure is actually 3/4 of a cup. Rinse rice well until clear.
- Place the rinsed rice, and all other ingredients into the pot, fill the pot to the 3 cup mark with chicken stock or water.
- Close lid and set to on.
- You can add also for variety 1/2 cup corn kernels, or drained black bean. Also use tomatoes with chilies or cilantro.
We rice lovers gave this one the thumbs up, it's an excellent recipe. Replaced my large rice cooker after many years of use - then spotted the smaller unit and came home with both. Made my first Fiesta Rice in the large cooker and it was absolutely lovely- then found how wonderful the small one is for two to four people. Now I make versions of your recipe when ever I am wanting a seasoned rice. So easy - so good - perfect every time! Thank you for a recipe that the whole family enjoys!