Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy dish with lots of flavor. To save some fat you can use full-fat milk in place of the 18% cream but it will not be as creamy.
- 340.19 g uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 709.77 ml fresh broccoli florets (can use less)
- 29.58 ml oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- seasoning salt or white salt
- black pepper
- 14.79-29.58 ml minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 29.58 ml flour
- 0.25 ml dried thyme (rubbed between fingers to release flavor)
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 354.88 ml 18% table cream
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to package directions, adding in the fresh broccoli florets the last minute of cooking time; drain (do not rinse) then transfer to a large bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoon oil or butter to prevent sticking; cover lightly with foil to keep warm.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken cubes with salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and browned (adding in the garlic the last 3 minutes of cooking time).
- Add in flour, pinch dried thyme and cayenne pepper (if using); stir with wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- Add in table cream and grated parmesan cheese; bring to a simmer, stirring constantly and cook 1-2 minutes and until smooth and thickened.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and broccoli; toss to coat.
- Pass more Parmesan cheese at the table.