This is an easy dish with lots of flavor. To save some fat you can use full-fat milk in place of the 18% cream but it will not be as creamy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets (can use less)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- seasoning salt or white salt
- black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch dried thyme (rubbed between fingers to release flavor)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups 18% table cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1Cook the pasta in boiling water according to package directions, adding in the fresh broccoli florets the last minute of cooking time; drain (do not rinse) then transfer to a large bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoon oil or butter to prevent sticking; cover lightly with foil to keep warm.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Season the chicken cubes with salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and browned (adding in the garlic the last 3 minutes of cooking time).
- 4Add in flour, pinch dried thyme and cayenne pepper (if using); stir with wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- 5Add in table cream and grated parmesan cheese; bring to a simmer, stirring constantly and cook 1-2 minutes and until smooth and thickened.
- 6Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and broccoli; toss to coat.
- 8Pass more Parmesan cheese at the table.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Fettuccine Alfredo With Chicken and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.2
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 235.7 mg
- Sodium 300.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 56.3 g