Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one of my familys favorites. My husband who is picky with this kind of sauce rated it up there with his favorite restaurant. In this I used the whole pack of cream cheese and added more milk so it would not be so thick. I also added chicken and broccoli. We dont like nutmeg so I left that out. I made ceasar salad and garlic bread with this also.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- MIX cream cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, butter, white pepper, and garlic powder in medium sauce pan. Cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Toss with hot fettucine, and sprinkle with nutmeg (OPTIONAL). Again, I omitted this part of the recipe because we do not like Nutmeg.
Very good!!! I saut
Very good, very quick and very easy! 3 kids who aren't huge fans of any 'sauces' all ate this. My husband and I really enjoyed it! I didn't add nutmeg either, and it was the perfect flavour without it. Thanks!
I really suck at making alfredo sauce. Something always seems to go wrong. This was so simple! It turned out - they never turn out for me! This is my new and only alfredo recipe from now on. I used whipping cream, butter and real parmesan. Next time I will use real garlic too. It made just the right amount for one box of fettucini. I forgot to add the nutmeg but will try that next time.