Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the quickest, easiest and most delicious brushetta ever! You can whip this up as fast as you can cut up a few tomatoes. This is a fantastic summer dish to take to potlucks. My childhood friend's mother used to make this for us. There never was a written down recipe until now. If you have extra time, you can make this a few days in advance too. It's always better on the second day. Not only is this great on a baguette, I love to put a little on my eggs or over chicken.
- 6 large tomatoes
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 French baguette
- Pam cooking spray
- cut up feta cheese.
- add olive oil.
- mince garlic and add to cheese and oil.
- finely chop basil and add to mixture.
- stir mixture well.
- dice tomatoes and add to mixture.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- cover and refridgerate for 1 hour.
- slice baguette on an angle and put on a cookie sheet.
- spray with pam (I use butter flavored).
- toast for 15min. in a 250 degree oven.
- After the brushetta is chilled, put a dollop on a slice of baguette and enjoy.
This was so simple! Great for a last minute appetizer, but better when it has a chance to marinate! A good way to use up all those extra fall tomatoes.