Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
I received this from My Daily Moments subscription. Prep time includes cooking/cooling of the potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 12 ounces medium to small red potatoes, cooked and cut into medium dice
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to high, or turn on oven broiler.
- Heat oil on medium heat in large flame-proof frying pan.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes until golden, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Spread mixture evenly over bottom of pan.
- Pour beaten eggs, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, over potato and onion mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the eggs are just set and base of frittata is lightly golden.
- Place pan under grill or broiler (protect the pan handle with a double layer of foil if it is not flameproof) and cook the top of the frittata for about 3 minutes until it is set and lightly golden.
- Serve warm or cold, cut into wedges.
Great recipe and really easy and quick to make. I added mushrooms instead of the red onion and baked in oven. You could really serve this at any time of the day. We all loved it.
Wow, LoriMama, so quick, so easy and so very wonderful. I enjoyed this lovely frittata for lunch. It was perfect, soft tender and full of flavor. Made exactly as written, but used yukon gold potatoes and sweet white onions, it was what was on hand. Thanks so much for sharing this tasty treat that I will make again and again.
Pretty easy and delicious!