Recipe by sherryinmo
Don't you just love "Easy"? Get a head start by using packaged coleslaw mix located in the produce department at your favorite grocery store. Chill time is not included in the prep time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Really enjoyed making this very simple slaw, & the dressing was nicely dressed up with the addition of the celery seed & brown sugar (dark brown that I made up here in my kitchen) ~ It all gives slaw a nice new twist! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]
- 6 cups packaged shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, chopped (you may use yellow or green or a combination of the 3)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a lage mixing bowl combine cabbage, celery, and sweet pepper.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- In a small mixing bowl measure and stir together salad dressing, sugar, and celery seed.
- Add salad dressing mixture to cabbage mixture,tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Toss again just before serving.