Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't you just love "Easy"? Get a head start by using packaged coleslaw mix located in the produce department at your favorite grocery store. Chill time is not included in the prep time.
- In a lage mixing bowl combine cabbage, celery, and sweet pepper.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- In a small mixing bowl measure and stir together salad dressing, sugar, and celery seed.
- Add salad dressing mixture to cabbage mixture,tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Toss again just before serving.
Really enjoyed making this very simple slaw, & the dressing was nicely dressed up with the addition of the celery seed & brown sugar (dark brown that I made up here in my kitchen) ~ It all gives slaw a nice new twist! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]