Recipe by Parrot Head Mama
This came from Family Fun magazine, it's SUPER easy, next to NO MESS. Great activity to do with kids. Excellent alternative to messing around with melting chocolate and dipping pretzels.
Top Review by Mandie1315
I do the same thing but I use the chocolate candy melts found in the candy making/craft section of most stores. I like to use the dark chocolate kind, plus it's a little less chocolate on each pretzel AND you don't have to unwrap all those Hershey Kisses!
- 3 (10 ounce) bagscheckerboard or windowpane shaped pretzels
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) bagholiday M&M's plain chocolate candy (red & green)
- 3 (13 ounce) bags Hershey's Hugs chocolates
- 3 (13 ounce) bags Hershey chocolate kisses
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Open the bags of pretzels and remove all the unbroken pretzels.
- Place them on waxed paper-lined cookie sheets in a single layer.
- Unwrap Hugs, place one on each pretzel, repeat for an entire cookie sheet.
- DO ONLY ONE TYPE OF CANDY PER SHEET, as the Hugs melt much quicker than the Kisses.
- Repeat using the Hershey Kisses.
- Place cookie sheet/s in the preheated oven, bake for 4 MINUTES FOR THE SHEET OF pretzels and HUGS, 5-6 minutes for the pretzels and Kisses.
- Immediately upon removing from the oven, place one M-n-M on top of each pretzel/chocolate.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for 8-10 minutes, to allow chocolate to re-set.