Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light, refreshing Lebonese salad. Don't be fooled by the long list of ingredients - this is super easy and comes together in a snap! It's wonderful in the summertime and makes a great addition to a BBQ menu.
For the Salad
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, snipped and stems removed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
For the pita garnish
- 1 -2 piece pita bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- garlic salt, to taste
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a glass bowl, toss and chill in the refridgerator for 20 minutes.
- Brush the pita bread lighty with olive oil and sprinkle with the desired amount of garlic salt. Toast in a 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes until crisp, remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, crumble into bite sized pieces.
- Just before serving toss pita bread with the rest of the salad and enjoy!
Really Nice Salad! I found that this salad had a nice flavor balance. I left out the tomato as I can't eat them raw, and only used 2 cloves of garlic. I still found it to be quite garlicy which is fine for me as I love garlic, I think 1 clove would work well if you are more sensitive to garlic. I also used a thick pita so it was more like chopped pita than pita crumbles. I know for next time! Over all a great salad that I will be making again, thanks for sharing!