Recipe by southernman
Simple chili recipe thats quick and easy but very good. You can make it as spicy as you like.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Used mild rotel & cut back the chili powder by half, just as I did with the red pepper (crushed red pepper flakes)! Although we do love chili, we don't care for it too spicy hot! Worked great, & after serving up 2 bowls, I divided the rest into 2-serving portions, cooled it in the refrig & then it went into the freezer to enjoy another time! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) canof light red kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (Hot or Mild)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- corn chips
- shredded cheese
- jalapeno pepper, slices
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown your hamburger meat in a skillet with the chopped onions and drain fat. Add your drained meat/onions, beans, Rotel and tomato sauce to a 3qt. sauce pan over medium heat. After a few minutes add all the spices and stir frequently. Add more of each spice until you reach your desired flavor. Once you have the flavor to your liking just cover with lid and simmer for 10-15 minute.
- Serve over corn chips and top with cheese, sour cream and jalepenos.