1/4 Photos of Easy Farmstand Fresh Cream of Tomato Soup
Muffin Goddess's Note:
Posting this for safekeeping, since I'm postively drowning in recipe clippings and cards. I don't usually like cream soups, but this one I love! Recipe from Wilson Farms in Lexington MA. Servings are a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (approx. 5 large tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery (I usually use about 3 large ribs)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2-1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (optional) or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Place all ingredients except the cream and basil or dill (if using) in a large saucepan. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
- 2Using an immersion blender, puree the veggie mixture to your preferred smoothness (I like to have some tomato chunks in it, so I leave it a little chunky. If I accidentally over-puree it, I'll cheat and add a small can of diced tomatoes).
- 3Add light cream (start with 1/2 cup and add more to taste -- amount will depend on flavor of the tomatoes). Heat soup gently over low heat.
- 4Before serving, stir in fresh herbs (if using), and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve soup hot or chilled, whichever you prefer (hot is my preference).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Farmstand Fresh Cream of Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 413.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g