Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This rack of lamb will knock your socks off! The dijon and herb crusted lamb is melt-in-your-mouth good and is sure to impress any guests at your table. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine: breadcrumbs, rosemary, thyme, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil (to moisten the mixture). Set aside.
- Season rack of lamb with salt and pepper. Use an oven proof skillet (I like to use cast iron) to heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Sear rack of lamb for two minutes per side. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cover bones with foil- to prevent discoloration during roasting.
- Brush Dijon over rack of lamb and evenly coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place lamb, bone side down back into pan and roast in oven for approximately 12-18 minutes (depending on how done you like your meat)- use a meat thermometer placed into the center of the meat to check doneness.
- Remove meat from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes, covered before cutting rack between ribs.
This is a definite do again recipe- We love lamb and this recipe ranks right up there. Using fresh thyme & rosemary makes a big difference. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe