Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I took an apple bread recipe and have slowly modified it hoping for a slightly healthier version. My kids love eating this bread and it's fantastic slightly warm with a bit of real butter. Mmm Mmm!! I love how quick and easy this is to make too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup diced apple (I've tried several kinds and have liked them all)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1. grease loaf pan (I used butter Pam) In medium mixing bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- 2. In another mixing bowl combine sugar, diced apple, applesauce, and egg; mix well. Add dry mixture to apple mixture. Stir just till moistened, batter should be lumpy.
- 3. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- My oven seems to cook quicker and my bread ends up being ready after 50 minutes. Depending on your oven you might want to keep your eye on it a little earlier.
This is a very tasty bread! My kids scarfed it up in a matter of hours! My only note to add to this recipe is if you want a full size loaf, double the ingredients.