Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Navy Bean Soup should be quick, EZ and available to a family of 10 or a party of 2. Serve it up with sourdough rounds, white wine and we're good to go!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 celery hearts, diced
- 4 (15 ounce) canss&w white beans
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 ounces honey-roasted ham, diced
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large soup pot sautee onion and celery in olive oil until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and continue to simmer for 45, or until potatoes are soft.
- Thicken with cornstarch and water. ENJOY!