Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pie is a lemon-lovers dream! You can use 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice if desired, and Cool Whip frozen topping can be replaced with the whipped cream, this recipe yields two 9-inch pies. Plan ahead the pies need to chill for a minimum of 5 hours before serving.
- 2 (9 inch) ready-made graham cracker pie crust (purchase the store-bought)
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (or use 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice)
- yellow food coloring
- sugar (optional)
- 2 cups whipping cream (whipped and sweetened to taste, measure 2 cups before whipping)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl whisk the 6 egg yolks with 3 cans sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and yellow food colouring until well blended (if you prefer a sweeter taste then sweeten with sugar to taste).
- Pour into the prepared pie crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap and the refrigerate for a minimum of 5 or more hours.
- Top pies with whipped cream or Cool Whip topping.