1/1 Photo of Easy Enough Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie
Marsha D.'s Note:
Got this recipe from Keebler. I used fresh lemon juice in mine but you can buy store brand.This pie has a thicker filling than most lemon meringue pies and has a stronger egg taste. It's different than most lemon meringue pies too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a medium bowl beat egg yolks well.
- 3Stir in condensed milk,lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring, if desired. This will thicken.
- 4Pour mixture in pie crust and bake 30 minute at 325°F.
- 5Preparing the meringue.
- 6Beat egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tarter in a large bowl with a electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 7Add sugar gradually, turning up mixer on high speed, until stiff peaks form.
- 8Turn oven up to 350°F.
- 9Spread meringue on top of hot pie filling all over the entire pie.
- 10Put in oven and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Take out of oven and cool on stove or counter top for at least 1 hour.
- 12Place in refrigerator and chill at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Enough Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 191.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 7.0 g