I had an aunt that brought this to a Christmas gathering, and I couldn't get enough of it. She gave me the recipe, and I was surprised to find saltine crackers as the main ingredient! I think toffee is my weakness..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, over med-high heat, blend butter and brown sugar.
- 2Heat to boiling and boil 4 minutes (exactly 4 minutes).
- 3Cover a cookie sheet with foil, and butter lightly.
- 4Place a single layer of saltines on the foil touching but not overlapping.
- 5Pour the butter mixture over crackers, spreading evenly.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- 7Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the hot crackers.
- 8Allow to soften, then spread evenly over crackers.
- 9Sprinkle with nuts.
- 10Refrigerate until cool.
- 11Break into pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy English Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 107.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g