Recipe by jkm.11.18.
Had almost nothing in the house after a long trip, and needed something fast and filling. All the ingredients are things I keep on hand, buy pepperoni when it's on sale and keep it in the freezer, doesn't even need to be thawed to put on pizza!!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 4 English muffins (I used homemade potato buns, but have made it with english muffins too!)
- 9 -12 slices pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2⁄3 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for the sauce in a small pot, and bring it to a boil.
- Cut the English muffins in half, and put sauce on both sides. Then top both sides with cheese, and bottom half with other toppings. Can use whatever your favorite toppings are.
- Line a Cookie sheet with foil, and place all halves on the cookie sheet, face up.
- Turn on the Broil cycle of your oven, and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Then put the top halves on the bottom ones and serve with remaining sauce to dip inches.