Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
These easy to make butter toffee bars are delicious, made with easy ingredients, and are nice for those Christmas cookie/bar exchanges!
- 24 unsalted saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Butter a 13x9 baking pan.
- Arrange saltines right side up in a single layer in pan.
- Melt butter and sugar over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, boil 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over crackers, spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake for 5 minutes, if crackers move, rearrange with a fork.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate morsels over top.
- Let stand about 5 minutes the evenly spread over top.
- Cool completely, then cut in 2x1 inch bars.
- Place a pecan half over each piece.
- Store in refrigerator.