These easy to make butter toffee bars are delicious, made with easy ingredients, and are nice for those Christmas cookie/bar exchanges!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Butter a 13x9 baking pan.
- Arrange saltines right side up in a single layer in pan.
- Melt butter and sugar over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, boil 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over crackers, spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake for 5 minutes, if crackers move, rearrange with a fork.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate morsels over top.
- Let stand about 5 minutes the evenly spread over top.
- Cool completely, then cut in 2x1 inch bars.
- Place a pecan half over each piece.
- Store in refrigerator.
I made 2 toffee bar recipes and this one was my favorite of the two. I used cinnamon graham crackers. Excellent! :.)
My favorite bar!! I have made this one with great results and many requests for the recipe. Thank you!!
These were a real hit this year! It is so easy to whip up a big batch of these that I made 3 batches. I have a similar recipe in a cook book but it said to use dark brown sugar and boil for four min. I did make two batches and did prefer the dark flavor. I filled a jelly roll pan with crackers, but used the same amount of topping. These freeze great, too. Thanks a bunch, Taylor, for a recipe that I will be making often. Roxygirl