Recipe by bmcnichol
Need to use corn tortillas for more authentic enchiladas.
Top Review by teresas
This is a great basic "starter" enchilada dish! I think you could add just about what ever your heart desires to this to make it your own. This time I added some chopped onion. Next time there will be some chopped jalapeno's and I'm going to use HOT enchilada sauce to spice it up even more. I did add some salt and pepper during step 3. Topped it off with some shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream and chopped cilantro. Yummy. Thanks for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook beef until browned.
- Stir 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce and 1 cup of cheese into beef mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Spoon about 4 tablespoons of the beef mixture into each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese melts.