Recipe by Kozmic Blues
I wanted to make enchiladas, but had no sauce. Found this online and subbed the chicken broth for vegetable broth. I was wonderful!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 10 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil, add flour and stir well to combine, getting out all the lumps.
- Cook for about a minute.
- Add chili powder and cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add vegetable stock, tomato paste, oregano and cumin, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Sauce will thicken and get very smooth.
- Add salt to taste, and serve over your favorite enchiladas.