Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the only enchilada sauce I will use. Very basic and you always have the stuff on hand.
Make and share this Easy Enchilada Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup water
- Melt margarine in saucepan; add flour.
- Whisk in tomato sauce and then water (1-1 1/2 cups depending on how thick or thin you want it).
- Add chili powder and garlic powder to sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes to blend flavors.
very good. although i did have to add additional spices, more garlic, small amount of cumin and some red pepper to spice it up a little. I will be using this again as I always have these ingredients handy! thanks
The method for this works well, but the spices are DEFINITELY lacking. 1/8 tsp garlic powder seems like waay nothing. This amoung of sauce makes enough for a 9x13 pan of enchiladas, so I added a full Tbsp of garlic powder, and about a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. This did keep a quick meal of enchiladas very quick during a busy week, and yet still be homemade ;)