Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this recipe on Good Morning America and it sounded so easy and tasty. And it was! The first time I made it my husband ate almost 1/3 of it in one sitting. Even my toddler son enjoys it. This would be great for those informal group get-togethers also. Add some chiles to give it a bit more zip or a pound of browned ground beef or some chicken for another twist.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) bag plain Doritos (pick your flavor)
- 10 -15 ounces enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crumble 2/3 of bag of Doritos into mixing bowl.
- Mix in the onion, chili, 1 1/2 C cheese, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce.
- Place into an 8 1/2 x 11-inch casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread on sour cream, remaining Doritos and 1/2 C cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
oh wow! this was great! I made this for dinner last night and my family loved it!!! I did leave out the onions, but it had great flavor, was very easy and tasted good! Thanks!
I made this for my high school foods class. They loved it. I highly recommend this recipe.
Very good for a quick week-night meal. I added 1 lb ground beef, cooked with 1 chopped onion. Also added a can of diced chiles for that extra zip, and some chopped green onion in the topping. Real family pleaser!