Recipe by road princess Gilmore
I got this recipe from a Cooking Light magazine. It is quick and yummy!! Easy variations! Great served with nachos, guacamole, and spanish rice!
Top Review by Ann C.
Made this tonight and thought it was delicious! I used flour tortillas instead of corn since that is what I had on hand and it worked just great! Also after I began the recipe I realized I did not have any taco seasoning...I mixed together ground cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, paprika and dry roasted peppers and it made a real nice seasoning for the meat! Spicy! Will definitely make again!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 -2 can enchilada sauce (depending on how big you make it!)
- corn tortilla
- 1 package taco seasoning
- grated cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- sliced black olives
- picante sauce
- sour cream
- chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare taco meat to package.
- Add can of refried beans and almost 1/2 can of enchilada sauce.
- Mix well over medium heat.
- In casserole dish lay corn tortillas side by side covering dish.
- (overlapping is okay) Spread small amount of enchilada sauce over tortillas.
- add layer of meat and bean mixture.
- repeat with another layer of tortillas, sauce, and bean mixture.
- top off with shredded cheese and sliced black olives.
- bake 15-20 minutes at 375.
- Cut and serve.
- Garnish with sour cream picante and chopped onions.
- (optional) Jalepenos are yummy Easy variations-- add whatever you want.
- I like to cook onions and peppers, chiles etc in with the meat mixture.
- If you like spicy-- get hotter enchilada sauce and taco seasoning!