Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 1 3⁄4 cups refried beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups enchilada sauce (10-ounce can)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas, sliced in half, divided
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided (8 ounces)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in large skillet until beef is browned then drain.
- Stir in salsa, beans, enchilada sauce and olives.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Layer half of corn tortillas on bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cover with half of meat sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
This easy recipe was a hit! My boyfriend loved it and asked me to make it again soon. I did make a couple tweaks: <br/>1) I omitted the "chunky salsa" ingredient and opted instead for a can of Ro-Tel. This added a bit of heat and lots of flavor.<br/>2) Instead of cheddar cheese, I used a bag of Mexican blend cheese. <br/><br/>I made the sauce as indicated and put the first layer of tortillas in the dish. I then poured what I thought was about the first half of the meat sauce, but when I went to pour the last half of that sauce, I was running out and had to spread it out quite a bit to cover the dish. I guess I could be terrible at judging amounts, though :) Just to be safe I think I will use closer to 1.5 lbs of beef next time. <br/><br/>Overall, it was indeed VERY easy with a delicious and impressive tasting result!
This was quick, easy, and soooo delicious. I will repeat this one for sure!
Very good. This dish is great for crowd. I definitely would make this again.