Make and share this Easy Enchilada Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 1 3⁄4 cups refried beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups enchilada sauce (10-ounce can)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas, sliced in half, divided
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided (8 ounces)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in large skillet until beef is browned then drain.
- Stir in salsa, beans, enchilada sauce and olives.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Layer half of corn tortillas on bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cover with half of meat sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.