Recipe by Victoria #2
In my country fried foods are very popular; although not very healthy because of its high content of fat, if consumed moderately, not at all affect our health. Depending on the region of the country there are many variations on how to prepare empanadas. The recipe i submit you is made from Yucca, but later I’ll give you one with arracacha and other recipes with corn. Though it may seem complex preparation, are actually very easy to make, just need a little time and dedication. Come, enjoy and surprise your family with this delicious recipe.
- 2 cassava, peeled and cooked
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion, branch
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 pork, cooked
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- baking powder
- salt, pepper and cumin to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the yuccas and add two egg yolks and flour until well incorporated to form a dough.
- Cook remaining 2 eggs and cut them into small cubes.
- Prepare a stew frying the onion, tomato and crushed garlic. Adobe with salt, cumin and pepper to taste.
- Sauté the ground pork meat in this stew and the chopped egg.
- Take portions of dough and fill the center with this stew, making sure that the filling is not going to leave out the dough.
- Fried in plenty and very hot oil passing them before on egg white and baking powder.