Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I use this along with my Easiest Empanada "dough" Ever Easiest Empanada "dough" Ever super yummy. Remember these are for meat empanadas ( dough included)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce (for pizza filling)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or Mexican blend, for pizza filling)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pepperoni (sliced or diced, for pizza filling)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (mushroom cheese)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (mushroom cheese)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages white mushrooms, stems trimmed, cut into small dice (mushroom cheese)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies (mushroom cheese)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (mushroom cheese)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (mushroom cheese)
- salt and pepper, to taste (mushroom cheese)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (mushroom cheese)
- 1 cup cooked chopped spinach (spinach)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (spinach)
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled (spinach)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (spinach)
- 1 lb browned ground beef (meat) or 1 lb cooked shredded chicken (meat)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced (meat)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced (meat)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (meat)
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh cilantro (meat)
- 1⁄8 cup sliced green olives (meat)
- salt and pepper (meat)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (meat)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (pot pie)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced (pot pie)
- 1 tablespoon flour (pot pie)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth (pot pie)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas and carrots (pot pie)
- 1 store-bought rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat shredded (pot pie)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (pot pie)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (pot pie)
- 1 lb ground beef (taco)
- 2 small onions, diced (taco)
- 1 (8 ounce) packet taco seasoning (taco)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (taco)
- Pick your filling by using the notes in the ( ).
- Ensure if there is meat, onion, potato in your filling it is cooked in advance.
- Pick up one of your rolled out biscuit empanadas ( see my recipe Easiest Empanada Dough EVER! ).
- Ensure all fillings are cooled.
- Layer filling onto empanada to equal about 2 tbsp of total filling.
- Fold empanada in half.
- Crimp edges with a fork.
- Either wash in olive oil, butter, or egg wash.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- OR you may fry till golden brown.
- ** chicken pot pie instructions **.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Still stirring, slowly add the broth. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the peas and carrots, chicken, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- ** pizza instructions **.
- Spoon sauce then cheese then 2 pepperoni slices on an empanada.
- Spoon each ingredient in very small amounts.
- ** for a beef or chicken**.
- Cook meat till no longer pink add in onions and peppers till soft then combine all ingredients in a bowl and spoon 2 tbsp of each mixture onto empanada.
- ** taco empanada*.
- Cook meat till no longer pink add in onions till soft in a bowl combine all ingredients and mix spoon 2 tbsp of mixture onto empanada.