My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce (for pizza filling)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or Mexican blend, for pizza filling)
- 1 1/2 cups pepperoni (sliced or diced, for pizza filling)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (mushroom cheese)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (mushroom cheese)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages white mushrooms, stems trimmed, cut into small dice (mushroom cheese)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies (mushroom cheese)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (mushroom cheese)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (mushroom cheese)
- salt and pepper, to taste (mushroom cheese)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (mushroom cheese)
- 1 cup cooked chopped spinach (spinach)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (spinach)
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled (spinach)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (spinach)
- 1 lb browned ground beef (meat) or 1 lb cooked shredded chicken (meat)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (meat)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced (meat)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (meat)
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro (meat)
- 1/8 cup sliced green olives (meat)
- salt and pepper (meat)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (meat)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (pot pie)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (pot pie)
- 1 tablespoon flour (pot pie)
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (pot pie)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas and carrots (pot pie)
- 1 store-bought rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat shredded (pot pie)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (pot pie)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (pot pie)
- 1 lb ground beef (taco)
- 2 small onions, diced (taco)
- 1 (8 ounce) packet taco seasoning (taco)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (taco)
- 1Pick your filling by using the notes in the ( ).
- 2Ensure if there is meat, onion, potato in your filling it is cooked in advance.
- 3Pick up one of your rolled out biscuit empanadas ( see my recipe Easiest Empanada Dough EVER! ).
- 4Ensure all fillings are cooled.
- 5Layer filling onto empanada to equal about 2 tbsp of total filling.
- 6Fold empanada in half.
- 7Crimp edges with a fork.
- 8Either wash in olive oil, butter, or egg wash.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- 10OR you may fry till golden brown.
- 11** chicken pot pie instructions **.
- 12Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Still stirring, slowly add the broth. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the peas and carrots, chicken, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 13** pizza instructions **.
- 14Spoon sauce then cheese then 2 pepperoni slices on an empanada.
- 16Spoon each ingredient in very small amounts.
- 17** for a beef or chicken**.
- 18Cook meat till no longer pink add in onions and peppers till soft then combine all ingredients in a bowl and spoon 2 tbsp of each mixture onto empanada.
- 19** taco empanada*.
- 20Cook meat till no longer pink add in onions till soft in a bowl combine all ingredients and mix spoon 2 tbsp of mixture onto empanada.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Empanada Fillings
Serving Size: 1 (4949 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 483.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 27.7 g