Recipe by LAURIE
We love the ones at the fairs but hate the hassle at home. The older kids can make these and they taste close enough to satisfy us until fair season rolls around again!
Top Review by MommaEllen
Super easy! Used my new deep fryer (set at 375 degrees) and the biscuits were just the right size for kids to eat. Make sure you have more than one can of biscuits, because you can never have enough of these!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and set aside. If a shaker is available it works great for this.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to about 1 inch and about 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If drop of water sizzles when dropped into the oil it is hot enough.
- Open biscuits and flatten carefully as large as you can get them without breaking. It is sometimes easier to stretch them in your hands like pizza dough rather than rolling out on the counter.
- Place 1 at a time in hot oil; watch carefully and turn when the bottom starts to brown lightly.
- When both top and bottom are the same color, remove from oil to paper towels.
- Immediately brush both sides with melted butter with pastry brush, and sprinkle each side liberally with cinnamon sugar.
- Eat immediately.