Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for potlucks, no mayo! Made ahead
- 12 ounces rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp, onions and parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, combine the rest of ingredients and whisk until blended. Pour over pasta mix, toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
An addictive salad, I kept coming back for more! The dill vinaigrette dressing sets the bar, and enhances the green onion and pasta. The parmesan cheese adds a nice bite. However, I couldn't really "taste" the salad shrimp, and I pondered the use of a $9.50/lb. ingredient that didn't shine; I would substitute tuna packed in water or salmon next time because their flavors would each stand up to the dill vinaigrette and be enhanced by it. Of course, it wouldn't be a SHRIMP pasta salad with that exchange, but I'm sure it would taste terrific and cost less. Made for Spring 2014 Pick A Chef.