Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from a lovely older lady that I worked with in the early 70's when fondue was "in" the first time...Well, everybody is fondueing again, and this recipe is still great! Serve with bread cubes, apples & pears for dipping.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients together in heavy 2 qt saucepan.
- cook over low heat stirring frequently, about 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
- Pour into fondue pot or chaffing dish.
I wanted to like this recipe with it's simple ingredients, but was very disappointed. The mayo taste was very dominant and almost tasted as if the wine curdled the milk. We ended up tossing it out.
I enjoyed this and appreciated that all the ingredients were already in my cupboard.