Recipe by Oolala
Can be made ahead, kid friendly, quick and easy. I got this from a pasta website. Nice to make for a BBQ or summer side dish. It's a crowd pleaser! For a full 1 lb. (16 oz.)box of pasta, just double the recipe. I usually make this with regular mayo and milk since that's what I have in the house.
Top Review by Nimmireth
I made this recipe for a potluck recently, and it turned out great! Only I had to significantly alter the recipe to make it turn out that way. First of all, I tripled the recipe, but only doubled the mayo because I found that 2 cups was too much already; second, I added large amounts of lemon juice (I didn't measure any of my additions precisely), because it was just too bland with only 2 tbsps of vinegar; third, I added cubed cheddar cheese and tomatoes, and used red as well as green peppers. I also added a healthy dose of cayenne pepper for flavour, and approximately doubled the mustard. Basically, this recipe is a great place to start, but it needs lots of extras to give it a kick. It's quite bland (and heavy on the mayo!) otherwise. I found that the lemon juice was what really did the trick! Thanks for the starters, though, Oolala!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup light mayonnaise, can use lowfat
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 cup green bell pepper, can use red if you like, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water to cool.
- In large bowl combine mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add macaroni, celery, green pepper and onion; toss to coat.
- Cover; chill to blend flavors.