Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can be made ahead, kid friendly, quick and easy. I got this from a pasta website. Nice to make for a BBQ or summer side dish. It's a crowd pleaser! For a full 1 lb. (16 oz.)box of pasta, just double the recipe. I usually make this with regular mayo and milk since that's what I have in the house.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup light mayonnaise, can use lowfat
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 cup green bell pepper, can use red if you like, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water to cool.
- In large bowl combine mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add macaroni, celery, green pepper and onion; toss to coat.
- Cover; chill to blend flavors.
Very simple salad to make and with 'on-hand' ingredients, makes it even better. I tossed in some chopped tomato to add some color. I like that it has some crunch to it too. Maybe next time I'll add some chopped eggs. Excellent recipe!
This is a good classic macaroni salad recipe. The base of it tasted great. I did not have celery but I added chopped roma tomatoes and added a spoonful of sweet pickle relish, then I read the other reviews and saw that someone added cubed cheddar cheese so I added that too. I think it will be my "staple" macaroni salad recipe.
Really good and easy. Didn't have celery, so left it out. Sprinkled with seasoned salt, very tasty!