1/3 Photos of Easy Egyptian Feta Salad
Here is a super simple salad that will be a great accompaniment to any North African main dish. You can enjoy it on its own too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you want to reduce the salt content of the feta, cut it into chunks and soak in cold water for an hour.
- 2Score the cucumbers with the tines of a fork, and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds - a grapefruit spoon or melon baller works well. Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt, and let them stand for about 1/2 hour.
- 3Then rinse, pat dry, and slice the cucumbers into 1/2 inch chunks.
- 4In a medium serving bowl, crush the feta with a fork and mix it with the scallions, lemon juice, oil, and pepper.
- 5Combine the cucumber chunks with the cheese mixture.
- 6Sprinkle the salad with the mint.
- 7It can sit in the refrigerator before serving, but try not to hold it more than an hour or it will get watery.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Egyptian Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 339.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g