Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple fried rice recipe that is sure to please kids of all ages--even the biggest ones! This rice is packed with eggs and vegetables and makes a substantial one-dish meal or side dish. My kids go crazy for this and always ask for seconds. The best thing about it is they don't even mind that it contains vegetables (I don't think they even notice). I call it my little home run in a wok.
- 3 cups white rice, Minute Rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1 onion, chopped (medium)
- 4 -6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 (16 ounce) bag peas and carrots, frozen
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in rice. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce and water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet or wok, melt butter. Add onions and cook until translucent. With a spatula, shift onions to the outside edge of the wok.
- Add eggs to the wok. Cook until slightly browned.
- Add rice to the wok. Stir to combine all ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and soy sauce mixture. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until peas and carrots are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.