1/1 Photo of Easy Eggy-Veggie Fried Rice
This is a simple fried rice recipe that is sure to please kids of all ages--even the biggest ones! This rice is packed with eggs and vegetables and makes a substantial one-dish meal or side dish. My kids go crazy for this and always ask for seconds. The best thing about it is they don't even mind that it contains vegetables (I don't think they even notice). I call it my little home run in a wok.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in rice. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce and water. Set aside.
- 3Meanwhile in a large skillet or wok, melt butter. Add onions and cook until translucent. With a spatula, shift onions to the outside edge of the wok.
- 4Add eggs to the wok. Cook until slightly browned.
- 5Add rice to the wok. Stir to combine all ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in frozen vegetables and soy sauce mixture. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until peas and carrots are cooked through.
- 7Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Eggy-Veggie Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.3
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 1078.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.0 g