Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful breakfast dish that's easy too! Recipe comes from stephskitchen.com. While it may not be TRUE eggs benedict, it is very similar and MUCH easier to make -- especially nice when you have company or a holiday breakfast!
- 12 slices thick cooked bacon or 12 slices Canadian bacon or 12 slices ham
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 toasted English muffins
- Warm meat of your choice in oven or microwave and keep warm.
- Combine beaten eggs, 1/4 cup milk and salt and pepper to taste. Scramble this mixture in a large skillet; keep warm.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in flour and cook until smooth, about 1 minute. Add milk and a dash of salt and pepper; cook and stir until thick and smooth. Add cheese and remove from heat. Stir until cheese is melted and blended.
- Place one slice of meat of your choice on each muffin half and top with scrambled eggs and cheese sauce.
This is very good. Its not a FANCY eggs benedict but it is a very DELICIOUS breakfast sandwich! I think next time I will try it with an over easy fried egg. I loved it. It will be quite messy and drippy but I won't care... LOL. Thanks, dear!
This is probably a delicious dish, but IT IS NOT EGGS BENEDICT. True Eggs Benedict is a half English Muffin warmed and buttered, then place a thin slice of ham, topped with a POACHED egg and smothered with Hollandaise Sauce. Alan Leonetti