Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This dish is great for either a side dish or a meal itself.
- 1 eggplant, peeled & cubed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons French dressing
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 -6 eggs
- Peel and cut eggplant into cubes. Sprinkle with salt and set in a colander in the sink for 30 minute to draw out the bitter juices. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Dip eggplant cubes in egg and then coat with bread crumbs. Fry in skillet with olive oil. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Place all ingrediants EXCEPT tomatoes in skillet. Cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 10 minute Add tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minute.
- Serve hot w/ any kind of pasta or cold.
Very pretty, love all the colors in this dish. Cut recipe in half and used two tablespoons of French dressing. Served as a side dish which worked out great. Could not see putting on past as it is not sauce for pasta. Thanks for the post.