Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love Eggplant Parm and this is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes I have ever found for it.
Make and share this Easy Eggplant Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Arrange a layer of eggplant slices in a colander. Sprinkle generously with salt. Continue layering and salting all eggplant slices. Let stand 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry. Dip each eggplant slice in beaten egg, and dredge with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Over medium high heat fry eggplant in hot oil about 2 minutes per side until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Preheat oven to temperature 350°F Arrange half the eggplant slices in the bottom of baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Spread half the sauce over top. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Repeat layers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
This is excellent. My children loved it. I could never get them to eat eggplant before and they asked for seconds. Thanks for the tip on sweating out the liquid from the eggplant. It really helps it fry up nicely and eliminates the bitterness that can be present in this veg. Per my kids' request, this will become a weekly staple!
This was very good and my family liked it very much. I used panko instead of regular breadcrumbs. I found that I needed way more than 1/4 cup olive oil to fry the eggplant, however, as eggplant is extremely absorbent. I had to keep adding oil as I fried. Otherwise everything worked out, but I discovered that it's easy but not quick. Must be my lack of experience :)
Thanks for this recipe. I am single and live alone. I love recipes like this that can easily be cut down so I don't have to eat it for 2 weeks. I love eggplant and can hardly wait to try it.