Recipe by Sharon123
A wonderful way to fix eggplant!
Top Review by Girl from India
Love eggplant and was sooo looking forward to making this. And it definitely lived up to my expectations big time. Was worried abt DH as he is a thorough non-vegetarian but he did not complain at all at not finding meat in his lunch. ;) He loved the novelty of eggplant in a sandwich.I used cream cheese and cheddar instead of the feta and goat cheese :(. It was very good my friend. Thank you!!!!!!!! Will be making this again most definitely. :) Fay
- 1 whole eggplant
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- salt and pepper
- 1 baguette
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplant into 15 pieces, brush with olive oil, place on cookie sheet, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.
- Cut the baguette into thirds and slice in 1/2 for sandwiches.
- Slice green and red peppers, discarding stems and seeds.
- Slice the tomatoes and red onion and set aside.
- Mix goat and feta cheese together, set aside.
- In separate bowls place oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Spread goat and feta cheese mix on one side of baguette and brush other side lightly with olive oil.
- Spread 5 pieces of eggplant on baguette, generous amounts of red and green peppers, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro.
- Lastly, sprinkle with oregano, salt, and pepper.