Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and easy meal my family loves! Never any leftovers! This recipe can easily be doubled.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
- Salt and pepper.
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Dredge in bread crumbs mixed with parmesan cheese.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Place in baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over top.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over angel hair pasta and with a salad.
This recipe was so simple and so delicious. I made this for dinner last night and served it over angel hair pasta along with a side salad. My husband and I were both very impressed with the results. I've never made any dish that had eggplant in it because I thought I wouldn't like it. I was so wrong. I did make some small changes though. Instead of just seasoning my eggplant with salt and pepper I added some onion and garlic powder. I fried it in some olive oil infused with basil and it was just wonderful. This recipe is a keeper. I can't wait until tonight for leftovers :) Thanks for posting!
I had always been afraid to try this kind of recipe. But it was easy! And so delicious.My hubby loved it too . Can't wait to make it again.
Made this last night. Very good and soooo easy. I used whole wheat bread crumbs and probably didn't fry with as much oil as I should have (trying to save on calories!) This still turned out great! I will make this again, definitely.