Recipe by Tish
Here is a recipe I pulled out of my collection when I was given a couple of eggplants. I had forgotten how good it is. I used it as a sandwich spread but I think it would make an amazing dip.
Top Review by Annz Recipez
It DOES make an excellent dip--it's kind of like a cross between baba ghanoush and guacamole! I used 3 cloves of garlic, then added a few shakes of cumin and a splash of lemon juice because it just felt like the right thing to do. I'm curious what else you put on the sandwich when you used it as a spread?
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 -2 tomatoes, washed
- 1 -2 avocado, peeled and halved
- garlic, crushed
- soy sauce
- tahini (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce the eggplant with a fork first in a few places so it wont explode in the oven.
- Bake the eggplant (ahead of time if necessary) for 1 hour, or until it is soft throughout.
- Cool the eggplant, cut in half and let drain.
- Remove the skin.
- Mash in tomatoes, avocados, garlic and spices to taste.
- For a thicker dip, add tahini.
- (all the ingredients except tahini can be placed in a blender with the eggplant. The dip will be thinner, so add tahini or one more avocado mashed by hand).