- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 slices bread, made into bread crumbs (or use prepared bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cubed eggplant in a small amount of salted water until just tender.
- Drain& set aside.
- Saute Green peppers and onions in 1/4 stick butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook until mixture begins to bubble.
- Put eggplant in the bottom of a shallow greased cassrole dish.
- Add salt to tomato mixture and pour over the eggplant.
- Top with cheese, then bread crumbs.
- Dot with 1/4 stick butter and bake in 400 degree oven until brown.
- Serve hot.