Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love eggplant,this is a easy recipe and so good.
Make and share this Easy Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook cubed eggplant in a small amount of salted water until just tender.
- Drain& set aside.
- Saute Green peppers and onions in 1/4 stick butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook until mixture begins to bubble.
- Put eggplant in the bottom of a shallow greased cassrole dish.
- Add salt to tomato mixture and pour over the eggplant.
- Top with cheese, then bread crumbs.
- Dot with 1/4 stick butter and bake in 400 degree oven until brown.
- Serve hot.
This dish was excelent with rice.
My family really enjoyed this with boiled potatoes. They have continued to request it since I made it. I added a clove of garlic to the onion and capsicum (peppers).
Barb, I really liked this! Very comforting. I didn't have enough green pepper, so I added a little celery and cooked it with the onion and green pepper. Thanks!