Recipe by Lady in love :)
Sometimes, eggplant flesh can taste bitter, but that's easily remedied. Simply slice the eggplant, place it in a colander in layers, and salt it. Place the colander over the sink -the salt will draw out the bitterness. After about 20 minutes, blot eggplant with a paper towel. When shopping, choose firm, darkly shiny, unbruised eggplant.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash eggplant and remove cap.
- Cut into small pieces about 1 inch square. Sprinkle salt over slices and let drain about 20 minutes.
- Pat dry and place in baking pan.
- Mix garlic with oil and pour over eggplant.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until eggplant is tender and brown. Cool and place in bowl. Mix in vinegar, wine and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side dish or over rice.