Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
sweet cake like consistanancy unlike dense pound cake. Was printed on the back of an eggnog container and when we did not drink it all I thought i would give it a try.
- Preheat oven 350.
- In large bowl combine cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggnog, and oil: beat at low speed into moist.
- Add eggs and nutmeg mix on high for 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured fluted, bundt, or miniloaf (best thing to use) pans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes (20 to 30 minutes for minis) or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- Cool completely and sprinke with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Makes a great gift especially if baked in the mini bundts or mini loaves.
Great recipe!! Kick it up a notch and add 3/4 spiced rum (such as Capt. Morgan's) when you are adding the nutmeg. The cake becomes even more moist!!
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was perfect. A nice eggnog flavor with a touch of rum (I added 2 tbl of rum to the cake). It was simple to make and I added a frosting with eggnog and rum. Great recipe!
Super easy, very rich, nice texture. My family requested a second one of these within a few days.