Recipe by Helen1
This is a delicious eggnog recipe I cut out of the Vancouver Sun in 1987, and I've made it nearly every Christmas since. It is egg-free, yet creamy and rich.
- 92 g packagejello vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 946.36 ml light cream, divided
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml orange liqueur or 236.59 ml brandy
- 236.59 ml whipping cream (whipped, don't whip till just before serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pudding according to directions, substituting light cream for 2 cups required milk.
- When cooked remove from heat, whisk in remaining light cream, vanilla and liqueur.
- Chill till very cold.
- Fold in whipped cream just before serving.
- Serves 12- 6oz cups.
- Note: prep time includes chilling.