1/1 Photo of Easy Eggless Sponge Cake
Here's a unique, light, egg-free version of sponge cake, and it's low fat and low cal as well! It's quick and easy to make, and can be dressed up with topping or frosting for an impressive dessert. This recipe is from www.tarladalal.com.
My Private Note
6 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- 2Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, essence, and water and beat well.
- 3Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 6 inch diameter round tin.
- 4Bake in a hot oven at 200 degrees C (400 degrees F) for 10 minutes.
- 5Then reduce the temperature to 150 degrees C (300 degree F) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- 6The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- 7When ready, take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute.
- 8Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- 9Cool the the cake on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Eggless Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 429.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g