Recipe by Kitty_Chef
These are the best eggless shortbread cookies I have ever tasted. They're easy to make and are delicious, too. By the next day, the entire batch is eaten up. They're great for any occasion, or whenever you feel like a good treat. Note: It's best if you use an electric mixer.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 -2 drop food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and shortening together until it is light and creamy.
- Slowly add the icing sugar, until it is icing consistency and fluffy. (note:there may be some icing sugar left over).
- Add the flour and salt, 1/4 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly until it is well blended.
- Make little balls of dough in your hands and press onto cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Cook for 10-20 minutes at 350 - 375F, or until they are golden.