Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a basic egg salad I've made for years. I like it just as it is, but you can customize it by adding in chopped onion, tomatoes, relish or whatever you like.
- Place eggs in a pot and add enough water to cover eggs by at least one inch.
- Quickly bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from hot water and immediately place them in a bowl filled with ice until they're cooled completely.
- Peel the cooled eggs and dice or mash them.
- Mix together mayonnaise and mustard; combine with the eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine.
Good basic salad, I like to add horseradish to taste. If your eggs are very fresh, try steaming them instead of boiling, shells will slip right off, plenty off directions on the web, do a search
Thank you so much. 1st timer. Recipe so simple and easy to assemble. I used free range organic eggs. I added sweet pickles and used spicy Dijon and specked with tobacco sauce. Instead of bread served it in spinach wrap and multigrain wrap.
Added dill pickle relish and a small squirt of balsamic vinegar. Something about a little kick of sweet with sour and eggs made it super tasty.