Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a basic egg salad I've made for years. I like it just as it is, but you can customize it by adding in chopped onion, tomatoes, relish or whatever you like.
- Place eggs in a pot and add enough water to cover eggs by at least one inch.
- Quickly bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from hot water and immediately place them in a bowl filled with ice until they're cooled completely.
- Peel the cooled eggs and dice or mash them.
- Mix together mayonnaise and mustard; combine with the eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine.
This recipe is simple and delicious! I used honey dijon mustard since thats what I had on hand and I added some green onions. Came out perfectly!
Added dill pickle relish and a small squirt of balsamic vinegar. Something about a little kick of sweet with sour and eggs made it super tasty.
Frankly, I never met an egg salad recipe I didn't like. This one is great! with only 3 ingredients?!! The best part is how the easy cook method turns out all this super buttery-like, yoke-y goodness. yummy... thx for sharing.