Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a basic egg salad I've made for years. I like it just as it is, but you can customize it by adding in chopped onion, tomatoes, relish or whatever you like.
- Place eggs in a pot and add enough water to cover eggs by at least one inch.
- Quickly bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from hot water and immediately place them in a bowl filled with ice until they're cooled completely.
- Peel the cooled eggs and dice or mash them.
- Mix together mayonnaise and mustard; combine with the eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine.
I loved this recipe. The eggs turned out great. I'm an onion lover so I added some finely chopped white onion. I also used dijon mustard but only because I was out of yellow.
Love egg salad! I love mayo in deviled eggs, egg salad and potato salad. Do not like Miracle Whip. My husband is a Miracle Whip lover and I tried to like it, but it changes all the dishes to bitter instead of sweet. I will stick with mayo in all these items. This is a great egg salad! Hellmann's is the best mayo out of all that I have tried! Love the sweet flavor! Thanks for a great recipe!
So simple and so good! Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.